U A S C 40' HIGH CUBE containers with Magnetic system, Corrugated-side. JTC # 405010
N Scale 1:160, JTC # 405010 UASC 40' High Cube containers.
UASC, or United Arab Shipping Company, was the world’s 18th-largest container shipping company, with 53 vessels with a combined capacity of approximately 400,000 TEUs, in 2013. Founded in 1976, the Dubai-based ocean carrier serves Asia from Singapore, Northern Europe from Hamburg, the Middle East and Indian Subcontinent from Dubai, the Mediterranean and North Africa from Istanbul, and the Americas from Cranford, New Jersey, USA.
UASC, the largest shipping company in the Middle East, was established jointly by the six Gulf Arab states of Bahrain, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and U.A.E.
UASC was the 19th-ranked container carrier in U.S containerized import trade in 2013, It was No. 21 in U.S. containerized export trade in 2013, with volume of 134,348 TEUs.
In April 2016 Hapag-Lloyd announced it was in merger talks with UASC. The merger was completed in 2017. As a result of the merger Hapag-Lloyd became the world's fifth largest container transporter in terms of vessel capacity, surpassing Taiwan's Evergreen Line. The merger also entailed that UASC would become the largest shareholder in the new mega-entity, but Hapag-Lloyd would become the sole operator of the combined fleet.
UASC containers retain their green scheme, managed by H-L. Commonly seen in the USA and Canada.
UASC scheme is also available in 20' std. and 40' open top models.
- All New Tooling; -42- corrugated sides
- Seven different door variations tooled: molded as appropriate. See document HERE
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: 3-magnets bottom & metal top plate
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, JTC Flatrack containers, JTC 53' and 48' containers and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.