Double stack well cars used to transport containers. National Steel Car [ NSC ] styles / types as noted.
National Steel Car is the largest manufacturer of rolling stock in Canada, based in Hamilton, Ontario. The company was founded in 1912, and has been a top 3 rolling stock manufacturer in Canada for its lifetime.
July 7, 2020 - LIMITED STOCK NOW AVAILABLE - SEE YOUR DEALER
National Distributors are: Heartland Hobby Wholesale, and Hobbytyme Distributors.
Manufacturer’s Notice: 9 post well car grab bar, handrail, steps bent - JULY 2020
Thank You for supporting JTC’s first freight car, the NSC 9-post well car. We have been notified of some packaging issues with the protective blister not being protective enough. This has caused some cars to arrive with bent hand grabs/steps on the etched metal part. We have ordered replacement etched parts from our factory and will make them available when we receive them. We had 2 of the five we kept for JTC’s ‘vault’ have the damage. We were able to bend them back into place with a bit of care. We designed/made the ends out of etched metal (stainless steel) to allow the end parts to ‘bend’ instead of breaking like plastic during normal handling – Oh, The Irony!
The entire etched walkway piece can be removed (carefully), and discarded, and with care the new one installed and put back into place. HOWEVER - it may be worth it (easier) to bend the existing ones back into place, and touch them up or weather it. We will provide more details soon, as research is done. The etched metal was pre-formed before being installed on the car. We will experiment the process of etched metal removal and report back...
The blister is being re-designed to better protect the ends, for the next run.
Please contact us via email with any concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org
We apologize for the inconvenience, and again Thank You, for your support.
These detailed models are die cast metal with etched stainless steel walkways and handrails for durability, Plastic detail parts for the air system. Come with Micro-Trains brand trucks & couplers. They come packaged in a plastic 'Jewel box' for safe transit and storage.
MODEL FEATURES: Design and Engineered for modeler's use
- Diecast detailed body for weight and tracking ability, loaded or empty.
- JTC has made the end grabs, foot step, and walkways out of etched stainless steel, with see thru grating. The SS will generally bend, instead of breaking like plastic. The SS will also hold up to general handling much better than plastic.
- JTC has designed this model to accept other brands of containers; We have test fit the following for fit: All JTC products of course; These 53' containers; Atlas, Deluxe, KATO, Micro-Trains, Scale Trains. Also 48 footers by; Deluxe, Micro-Trains, Walthers.
- The Interior has 'PIN' location holes for proper fit of the JTC 20' and 40' containers, for easy placement/alignment of the 53' container on top of these.
- The Design of the interior 'PIN' holes at 40' locations are oval shaped to accept a proper fit in the well, of the other brands.
- Engineered for the 9-post NSC versions to come with Micro-Trains brand 100T trucks, and M-T couplers -body mounted at the Factory in a unique method to have the smallest coupler box profile.
- Precise painting & decorating as per prototype photos.
- JTC suggested minimum radius is 18" for the length of car. However, on the Test layout, they constantly traversed 15" curves, and 's' switches loaded and empty, push or pull, in model Intermodal trains connected to various other brands of intermodal cars. Variances can be caused by type of car connected and/or trackwork, Others tested these with smaller radius curves - results could vary with connected car type.
COMING 2Q 2021 - 17 POST NSC well cars;
THE 17-POST MODELS SHOWS 'SOLD OUT', THEY ARE NOT (software glitch)- WE ARE TAKING RESERVATIONS FOR THEM, DUE TO BE RELEASED 2Q 2021. TO MAKE RESERVATIONS;
- Modelers please request your order quantity from your preferred dealer.
- Dealers please get your order quantities to Heartland or Hobbytyme.
- If you want to order direct please respond to this email address [ email@example.com ] with your item numbers and quantities. Please use the item numbers in the PDF or from the website to reference specific item numbers. It would be helpful to register on the JTC website first, so that all your information will be there when we manually make the reservation for you. Thanks.