UMXU (ex -CSX boxcar logo) 53' HIGH CUBE 6-42-6 corrugated containers with Magnetic system. JTC # 535024
N Scale 1:160, JTC # 535024 UMXU (ex-CSX Intermodal -boxcar logo) 53' High Cube containers. 6-42-6 corrugated sides.
UMXU's are jointly owned by UP and CSX. In this Pool of containers, some containers painted in CSX colors and, Pacer were re-stenciled to UMXU starting in 2010. The numbers remained the same in the re-stenciling.
JTC Models' National distributors are HobbyTyme and Heartland Distributors.
Omaha, Neb. and Jacksonville, Fla., February 24, 2010 – UMAX, a new domestic interline container program created by CSX Intermodal and Union Pacific Railroad, will provide customers access to more than 20,000 containers and expanded market reach across North America. UMAX will feature more than 600 service lanes supported by faster and more frequent train schedules. UMAX launches March 29, 2010.
"UMAX will offer extensive market access and expanded capacity across a nationwide intermodal network," said John Kaiser, Union Pacific vice president and general manager - Intermodal. "Union Pacific and CSX Intermodal are committed to delivering market-competitive service and value to our customers, providing truck-competitive schedules that maximize the benefits and efficiencies of rail intermodal."
Other key UMAX customer benefits include:
• Truck-competitive service in key lanes.
• Expanded network access to markets across North America.
• Access to more than 20,000 53-foot containers.
• Ramp-to-ramp and door-to-door service.
• Easy, Web-based container reservations and billing through REZ-1.
• A simple one-container, one freight bill transportation solution.
UMAX will offer rail-provided 53-foot containers to intermodal marketing companies, motor carriers, freight brokers, truckload, parcel and less-than-truckload customers. UMAX will replace the separate programs CSX Intermodal and Union Pacific offer customers today(2010) for CSXI-UP interline service.
- All New Tooling; 6-42-6 corrugated sides
- 5 different doors and two fronts tooled to match prototype photos.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO 40' locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: magnets on bottom & metal top plates
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, JTC Flatrack containers, JTC 53' and 48' containers and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.