STAX 53' HIGH CUBE 6-42-6 corrugated containers with Magnetic system, Corrugated-side. JTC # 535004
N Scale 1:160, JTC # 535004 STAX 53' High Cube containers. 6-42-6 corrugated sides.
JTC Models' National distributors are HobbyTyme and Heartland Distributors.
CSX Intermodal and Union Pacific Railroad launched the STAX container program in May 2003.
"CSX Intermodal and Union Pacific created a joint container program connecting major North American markets with an initial fleet of 3700 new 53-foot containers. The new program, which will be known as "STAX," will offer shippers competitive transit schedules, the advantage of intermodal pricing, expedited interline transfers, new equipment, service in lanes with the highest demand, and convenient billing. CSXI markets served by the STAX program are Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Jacksonville, New York and Tampa. Markets served by the UP are Chicago, Dallas, Denver, El Paso, Fort Smith (Arkansas), Kansas City, Los Angeles, Memphis, Phoenix, Reno, Salt Lake City and St. Louis. The service began May 15, 2003. STAX service ended in 2006."
Today(2019) you see STAX Patched units on the rails marked for CSX and UMAX.
- All New Tooling; 6-42-6 corrugated sides
- 5 different doors and two fronts tooled to match prototype photos.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO 40' locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: magnets on bottom & metal top plates
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, JTC Flatrack containers, JTC 53' and 48' containers and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.