SEA STAR 48' HC 3-42-3 corrugated containers with Magnetic system, FIRST TIME IN N SCALE. JTC # 485006
N Scale 1:160, JTC # 485006 SEA STAR 48' High Cube containers. 3-42-3 corrugated sides. APL2 Body style.
About Sea Star Line, LLC
Headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, Sea Star Line offers integrated transportation services to and from the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. With simultaneous roll-on, roll-off and lift-on, lift-off capabilities.
Sea Star Line was born under the name of Sea-Barge in 1985. The company began its service to the people of Puerto Rico with two tug and barge sets operating from South Florida. In1998 Sea-Barge became Sea Star Line, LLC when it was purchased by Totem Resources and Puerto Rican investors. Sea Star launched a high-speed liner service between the United States and Puerto Rico. Sea Star Line acquired the assets of Navieras in 2002.
Totem Resources Corporation is the holding company of Totem Ocean Trailer Express, Inc. (TOTE), Foss Maritime Co., and Interocean Management Corp. Operating with almost no infrastructure, Totem Resources was formed in 1982 to enable the purchase of TOTE, a steamship company operating oceangoing containerships between Washington and Alaska. Subsequent acquisitions garnered the corporation a shipyard, tugboat bases along the West Coast, cargo terminals in Seattle and Tacoma, Washington, and entrance into the business of vessel maintenance management. During its short history, Totem Resources has evolved into a dominant force in the Northwest's maritime industry.
Saltchuk Resources' American Shipping Group, formerly known as ASG, is now TOTE, Inc. and its five independently managed businesses have been reorganized into to three groups: Maritime, Logistics and Ship Management.
- TOTE Maritime: Totem Ocean Trailer Express and Sea Star Line
- TOTE Ship Management: Interocean American Shipping
- TOTE Logistics: Alta Logistics and Spectrum Logistics
- All New Tooling; 3-42-3 corrugated sides
- 'APL2' Body style WITH 'IBC' connecting casting at the 40' and 48' locations. Doors and fronts tooled to match prototype photos.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO 40' locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: magnets bottom & metal top plate
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, JTC Flatrack containers, JTC 53' and 48' containers and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.
- Body Styles Identified:
- APL1- double frame height with frame notch, parallel handles
- APL2- double frame height with frame notch, stacked handles
- APL3- Single frame height with frame notch
- PCR - double frame height with frame notch, without IBC corner castings at the 48' locations. PACER version; CSX (Pacer patch)