NEDLlOYD (gray)- JTC # 405315 40' Standard height (8.6") corrugated side steel containers
NEDLlOYD (gray)- JTC # 405315 40' Standard height (8.6") corrugated side steel containers;
KNLU 420661-8 and KNLU 420662-3
Nedlloyd was a Dutch shipping company, formed in 1970 as the result of a merger of several shipping lines:
Stoomvaart Maatschappij Nederland (SMN) , Koninklijke Rotterdamsche Lloyd (KRL), Koninklijke Java-China-Paketvaart-Lijnen (KJCPL), and Vereenigde Nederlandsche Scheepvaartmaatschappij (VNS).
The company used to bring these shipping companies together was the N.V.Nederlandsche SCheepvaart Unie, (NSU) which dated from 1908. In 1977 it was decided by the then management to do away with the name NSU and rebrand all the business units into one Nedlloyd style. At the same time KJCPL (known in the Southern Hemisphere as Royal Interocean Lines) was to be also part of Nedlloyd Lines, as the shipping arm of the Nedlloyd Group was to be known.
Thus in 1977 NSU changed its name to Koninklijke Nedlloyd Groep N.V. ("Royal Nedlloyd Group"). In the 1990s the Nedlloyd Group faced tough competition and eventually had to find a partner for their container-liner business. For that reason Nedlloyd Lines formed a joint venture with P&O Containers, to become P&O Nedlloyd in 1996. Eventually P&O Nedlloyd, despite a reversed listing on the Amsterdam Bourse, was not able to fend off competition and was taken over by Maersk in 2005.
MAY 2020 - NEW BODY STYLE - The 40' Standard height (8.6") corrugated side steel containers; Available with multiple door and front variants. These Steel containers span from late 1970's to in service Today(2020), and have been the workhorse of the trade for many years.
- All New 40'Standard Height Tooling; Steel 'wave' or 'beveled' style corrugated containers.
- Multiple door end, front end and roof configurations.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO locations.
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: 3-magnets bottom & metal top plate.
- Detailed printing as per photographs.
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, JTC Flatrack containers, JTC 53' and 48' containers and all Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.