IVARAN 20' Std. height containers with Magnetic system, Corrugated-side. JTC-205358
N Scale 1:160, JTC-205358 - IVARAN LILNES 20’ Std. height containers.
Ivarans Rederi AS was a merchant steamship company founded in Norway by Ivar Anton Christensen in 1902. Stockard Steamship Company of New York was the major agent of Ivaran for many years. Ivaran had an involvement with Stockard resulted from World War II as they operated a tramping service between the East Coast of USA and South America.
Ivaran Lines was bought by CP SHIPS in May 1998, being unprofitable at that time. The last Ivaran's chairman was Eirik Holter-Sorensen. CP's Ivaran brand name was replaced by the LYKES LINES brand in 2000. By 2001 CP SHIPS was the seventh largest carrier in the world.
When acquired by CP Ships, Ivaran Lines was operating the following services:
- U.S. East Coast to East Coast South America (with Columbus Line and Alianca)
- U.S. Gulf Coast to East Coast South America (with Grupo Libra and TMM)
- U.S. Gulf Coast to Central America and the Caribbean.
CP Ships was bought out in late 2005 by TUI AG and merged in mid-2006 into the Hapag Lloyd organization.
Remembering the Americana - 88 Passenger & Container Ship
- All New Tooling; corrugated sides
- Eight different door variations tooled: molded as appropriate.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: 1-magnet bottom & metal top plate
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; JTC 48' & 53' containers, Atlas 40' & 45'containers, and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.