GENSTAR 48' HC Flexi-Van NACS 3-42-3 corrugated containers with Magnetic system, FIRST TIME IN N SCALE. JTC # 485016
N Scale 1:160, JTC # 485016 NACS / Flexi-van / NCGU-Genstar lease (Flexi-Van, 48' High Cube containers. 3-42-3 corrugated sides. APL2 Body style. brown body, FLEXI-VAN NACS scheme.
North American Container System - NACS is an equipment management pool owned by Class 1 railroads.
Genstar was Started in 1981 by Mr. Raphael Che and Mr. Thomas Tan, a former president of Itel. In 1986 GE Capital Corp. bought the company.
IN 1989, Genstar and rival Itel Corp., the two largest container leasing firms, controled 40 percent of the world's leased containers. In 1991 - GE Capital completed the acquisition of most of the assets of Oak Brook-based Itel Container Corp. on behalf of its subsidiary, Genstar Container Corp. which became the largest container lessor in the world.
In August 1997, GE Capital consolidated TIP Intermodal Services and Genstar Container Corporation, calling the new entity TIP Intermodal Services (?). This added Genstar’s 18,000 intermodal containers to TIP’s 6,000-unit fleet.
Genstar merged with Sea Container in 1998 to become GESeaco, by the formation of a 50/50 joint venture (Sea Containers with GE Capital Corporation). This new entity, GE SeaCo SRL, combined the container fleets of Sea Containers and Genstar, becoming one of the largest marine container operating lessors in the world. Sea Containers continued to operate its own leasing business in countries in which GE Capital did not want to operate.
Container Leasing history is a convoluted mess !!
- All New Tooling; 3-42-3 corrugated sides
- 'APL2' Body style WITH 'IBC' connecting casting at the 40' and 48' locations. Doors and fronts tooled to match prototype photos.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO 40' locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: magnets bottom & metal top plate
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, JTC Flatrack containers, JTC 53' and 48' containers and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.
- Body Styles Identified:
- APL1- double frame height with frame notch, parallel handles
- APL2- double frame height with frame notch, stacked handles
- APL3- Single frame height with frame notch
- PCR - double frame height with frame notch, without IBC corner castings at the 48' locations. PACER version; CSX (Pacer patch)