Evergreen Set #2, 40' Std. Height containers, Corrugated-side. JTC# 405364
N Scale 1:160, 405364 EVERGREEN Set #1 40' Std. Height containers
171056-3 & 171287-0
Evergreen Marine Corporation, is a Taiwanese container transportation and shipping company headquartered in Luzhu District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan. Its principal trading routes are the Far East to North America, Central America and the Caribbean; the Far east to northern Europe and the east Mediterranean; Europe to the east coast of North America; the Far East to Australia, Mauritius, South Africa and South America; and an intra-Asia service linking ports in Asia to the Middle East, Persian Gulf and the Red Sea. With over 150 container ships it is part of the Evergreen Group conglomerate of transportation firms and associated companies. Evergreen calls on 240 ports worldwide in about 80 countries and is the fifth largest company of its type. The company's activities include; shipping, construction of containers and ships, management of ports, and engineering and real estate development. Subsidiaries and divisions include Uniglory Marine Corp. (Taiwan), Evergreen UK Ltd. (UK), and shipping company Italia Marittima S.p.A. (Italy).
The company was founded 1 September 1968. Services began with a single cargo vessel named Central Trust, which operated a "go-anywhere" service. Additional vessels were acquired through the 1970s, and routes to East Asia and Central America were added. Service to the U.S. began in 1974, with the establishment of Evergreen Marine Corporation (New York) Ltd.
In 1981, the parent company changed its name to Evergreen International S.A. (EIS), as the company increased its global expansion efforts. Evergreen Marine began its first circumnavigation shipping services in 1984. This service is bi-directional, covering both westbound and eastbound routings.
Since then, Evergreen Marine has expanded to include other shipping companies such as the Uniglory Marine Corp. (Taiwan) in 1984, the Hatsu Marine Ltd. (U.K.) in 2002, and the Italian shipping company Italia Marittima (previously Lloyd Triestino, and founded as "Österreichischer Lloyd" in 1835) in 1993. UNIGLORY was made a division of the company in 1999.
In 2007, Hatsu, Italia Maritima, and Evergreen were merged into the single "Evergreen Line."
- All New Tooling; corrugated sides
- Eight different door variations tooled: molded as appropriate.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: 1-magnet bottom & metal top plate
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.