CHO YANG 20' Std. height containers with Magnetic system, Corrugated-side. JTC-205430
N Scale 1:160, JTC-205430- CHO YANG 20’ Std. height containers.
1979 - 2001
Cho Yang Shipping Co., Ltd. was a South Korean container liner shipping company based in Seoul . In August 1979, Cho Yang started its first container liner service between the Far East and Europe and joined the Far Eastern Freight Conference (FEFC). In December of the same year, another container liner service between South Korea and Australia was opened and Cho Yang joined the Australian and New Zealand / Eastern Shipping Conference (ANZESC) and the Australia Northbound Shipping Conference (ANSCON). In August 1981, Cho Yang expanded its route network to include a service between the Far East and the Mediterranean and joined the MED Club Conference. After Cho Yang started a liner service between South Korea and New Zealand in June 1988, it resigned from the FEFC and added one to its network in January 1989Outsider service between the Far East and Europe.
From January 1991, Cho Yang operated a global round-the-world container line service in the TRICON consortium with DSR and Senator Lines . DSR and Senator merged in 1994 and the French Compagnie Maritime d'Affretement (CMA) and the Belgian CAST Container Line joined the TRICON consortium. In the mid-1990s, Cho Yang expanded its route network and services to China, North and South America and Japan. After the DSR-Senator was taken over by the South Korean shipping company Hanjin Shipping in 1997 , the joint global container service with Hanjin Shipping, DSR-Senator Line and the United Arab Shipping Company was established under the name United Alliance to end-to-end services. In early 2001, Cho Yang ran into financial difficulties and was gradually forced out of community services. In May 2001, Cho Yang applied for a self-directed restructuring and in August 2001 the company was declared insolvent and went bankrupt.
- All New Tooling; corrugated sides
- Eight different door variations tooled: molded as appropriate.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: 1-magnet bottom & metal top plate
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; JTC 48' & 53' containers, Atlas 40' & 45'containers, and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.