Canadian Tire 53' HIGH CUBE 6-42-6 corrugated containers with Magnetic system, Corrugated-side. JTC # 535050
N Scale 1:160, JTC # 535050 Canadian Tire 53' High Cube containers. 6-42-6 corrugated sides. The JTC Canadian Tire model features prototypically correct 'flat panel' Doors.
National distributors are HobbyTyme and Heartland Distributors.
Canadian Tire’s vehicle fleet includes 6,300 53-foot intermodal containers. The company, in conjunction with Canadian Pacific (CP), was also the first in the country to offer that container beginning in 1994, it notes.
“CP and Canadian Tire have been doing business together for nearly 90 years”
Containers are used to transload products from 40-foot ocean containers. “For every three ocean containers, we can place goods in two of our 53-foot containers, which saves a rail slot and offsets physical handling costs,” .
The company processes goods from four transloading facilities, three of which are located in Vancouver and handle freight crossing the Pacific Ocean. A facility in Halifax, Nova Scotia, receives freight traveling on the Atlantic Ocean.
In addition to its intermodal container fleet, Canadian Tire also operates 4,600 chassis, 2,100 trailers and 87 power units, including tractors. The company uses third-party logistics providers to operate the majority of its fleet.
- All New Tooling; 6-42-6 corrugated sides
- 5 different doors and two fronts tooled to match prototype photos.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO 40' locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: magnets on bottom & metal top plates
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, JTC Flatrack containers, JTC 53' and 48' containers and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.