APL (large logo) Set #1 48' HC 3-42-3 corrugated containers with Magnetic system, FIRST TIME IN N SCALE. JTC # 485004
N Scale 1:160, JTC # 485004 APL - Large logo, 48' High Cube containers. 3-42-3 corrugated sides. APL2 Body style.
APHU 480002-9 & APHU 480034-8
JTC has a growing line up of APL models, more to come!
APL - 70 Years of Shipping Excellence
Since our first American steamer voyage from New York to the U.S. West Coast in 1848, APL has been at the forefront of the global shipping industry. The business that APL and our predecessors built has touched the lives of millions of people, involved virtually every country in the world, and shaped the future of international ocean container shipping and intermodal transportation.
APL, one of the world’s leading ocean carriers, offers more than 120 weekly services and call ports in over 70 countries worldwide. We provide container transportation through our international shipping network which combines high-quality intermodal operations with advanced technology, equipment and e-commerce
APL Logistics was launched in the U.S. in 1980. Throughout our history, APL Logistics has been an industry innovator. In 2011, we introduced the first 1,000 containers dedicated to U.S. domestic transportation. Of particular note is our comprehensive NAFTA intermodal solutions, established through years of experience in the automotive industry. Our expertise also include retail, consumer packaged goods, high-tech and more general commodities.
- All New Tooling; 3-42-3 corrugated sides
- 'APL2' Body style WITH 'IBC' connecting casting at the 40' and 48' locations. Doors and fronts tooled to match prototype photos.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO 40' locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: magnets bottom & metal top plate
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, JTC Flatrack containers, JTC 53' and 48' containers and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.
- Body Styles Identified:
- APL1- double frame height with frame notch, parallel handles
- APL2- double frame height with frame notch, stacked handles
- APL3- Single frame height with frame notch
- PCR - double frame height with frame notch, without IBC corner castings at the 48' locations. PACER version; CSX (Pacer patch)