APL 20' (set #2) Std. height containers with Magnetic system, Corrugated-side. JTC-205368
N Scale 1:160, JTC-205368 APL 20’ Std. height containers. AUGUST 2020 Release.
APL - 70 Years of Shipping Excellence
Since our first American steamer voyage from New York to the U.S. West Coast in 1848, APL has been at the forefront of the global shipping industry. The business that APL and our predecessors built has touched the lives of millions of people, involved virtually every country in the world, and shaped the future of international ocean container shipping and intermodal transportation.
APL, one of the world’s leading ocean carriers, offers more than 120 weekly services and call ports in over 70 countries worldwide. We provide container transportation through our international shipping network which combines high-quality intermodal operations with advanced technology, equipment and e-commerce
APL Logistics was launched in the U.S. in 1980. Throughout our history, APL Logistics has been an industry innovator. In 2011, we introduced the first 1,000 containers dedicated to U.S. domestic transportation. Of particular note is our comprehensive NAFTA intermodal solutions, established through years of experience in the automotive industry. Our expertise also include retail, consumer packaged goods, high-tech and more general commodities.
American President Lines Ltd. (now simply referred to as APL), along with its parent company CMA CGM, is the world's third-largest container transportation and shipping company. In 1979, APL started the LinerTrain, a direct rail land-bridge service transporting containers from Los Angeles to New York using its own rail cars, leading to the most reliable delivery of containers of the time. In 1984, the company started STACK TRAIN service, an idea following on from the successful LinerTrain venture. This involved using double-stack rail cars that could carry containers stacked one on top of another rather than carrying just a single level of containers. The 1990s were a period of continued growth for APL, In 1999, the stack train franchise was sold off to Pacer, and was known as Pacer Stacktrain. On June 10, 2016, APL and NOL became subsidiaries of CMA-CGM. See more information at Wikipedia:
- All New Tooling; corrugated sides
- Eight different door variations tooled: molded as appropriate.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: 1-magnet bottom & metal top plate
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.