EMP - UP 53' HIGH CUBE 8-55-8 corrugated containers with stackable Magnetic system. JTC # 537053
N Scale 1:160, JTC # 537053 EMP (set #2) 53' HIGH CUBE 8-55-8 corrugated containers with stackable Magnetic system. Scheme Specific Details and decorating.
- 0-6-0 Front with one Hazard placard, and NO document box
- 1-3-1 Doors (parallel handles) with one Hazard placard and NO document box
- Scheme specific sides with one hazard placard and four outer vents
Look for additional EMP container styles in coming releases of this 8-55-8 series.
RE: JTC #537053 and the January 2021 release #537003;
The Green EMP containers in these number series, on http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/ - dates range from early 2011 up into 2020 in service;
The 6402xx & 6403xx series these are based on are still in use in 2020: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=5388378
Photos date back to early 2011 for both series; http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=2803331
It's possible they were delivered in 2010.
National distributors are HobbyTyme and Heartland Distributors.
EMP Domestic Container Program;
EMP is a domestic interline container service offered by Union Pacific and Norfolk Southern.
Also included in the EMP program are agent railroads, such as CN (Canadian National), CP (Canadian Pacific), I&M Rail Link, Iowa Interstate, Wisconsin Central and Kansas City Southern.
EMP provides a fleet of more than 40,000 53' domestic containers and chassis that move throughout a nationwide intermodal network.
- All New Tooling; 8-55-8 corrugated sides
- different doors and fronts tooled to match prototype photos.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO 40' locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: magnets on bottom & metal top plates
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, JTC Flatrack containers, JTC 53' and 48' containers and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.