JTC MODEL TRAINS
SHOWA 40' Standard height (8'6") Smooth-side containers . JTC # 405666
Regular price $29.95
405666 SHOWA 40' Standard height (8'6") Smooth-side (riveted) containers . 1:160 scale. ERA: 1970s to Early 1990s.
- Established 1944
- 1988 Showa Line Ltd., Japan's sixth-largest shipping company, announced that it will terminate its liner services within the next few months in a move to rehabilitate the financially ailing corporation. Company authorities said Showa is getting out of the liner business because of the continuing and prolonged slump its liner division has been suffering. They attributed the slump to cutthroat competition with other lines and the impact of the yen's drastic appreciation against the U.S. dollar since late September 1985. Showa presently has three liner services to the United States, all operating as space-chartering agreements with Nippon Yusen Kaisha Ltd. (NYK Line) and serving only West Coast ports in North America.
One service operates between Los Angeles, Hong Kong and Taiwan; a second links Los Angeles, Oakland, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong; while the third links Seattle, Portland, and Vancouver, British Columbia, with Japan. Feeder vessels extend this service to South Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- In 1998, SHOWA merged with/into NYK.
- All New Standard Height, 8'6", Tooling; Smooth-side panel design (Riveted).
- Multiple door end, front end and roof configurations.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO locations.
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: 3-magnets bottom & metal top plate.
- Detailed printing as per photographs.
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, JTC Flatrack containers, JTC 53' and 48' containers and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.