TFL 40' Standard height (8'6") 3-P-42-P-3 Panel side square corrugations containers. JTC # 405601
N Scale 1:160, JTC # 405601 TFL 40' Standard height (8'6") 3-P-42-P-3 Panel side square corrugations containers. Decorated for TRANS FREIGHT LINES (TFL).
TFL HISTORY; Trans Freight Lines 1976 - 1987 (TFL flagged containers may have lasted until repainted).
Owned 50% by TNT until 1986. P&OCL and TNT, an Australian transportation conglomerate, each owned half of TFL's stock under a partnership agreement signed in March 1986.
P&OCL ( P&O Containers Ltd.) took-over TFL in 1987, acquiring TNT's shares. P&OCL itself was formerly known as Overseas Containers Ltd.(OCL) until Peninsular & Oriental Steam Navigation Co., which had previously owned 47 percent of its stock, acquired the remaining 53 percent held by Ocean Transport & Trading and British & Commonwealth Shipping.
* TNT, formerly known as Thomas Nationwide Transport.
* The tie-in: OCL was formed in 1965 by four British companies: British and Commonwealth Shipping, Furness Withy, P&O and the Ocean Steamship Company By 1982 OCL was Europe's largest container through transport operator with a fleet of 20 containerships and more than 60,000 container units. It served more than 50 major ports and, in 1980, transported more than a quarter of a million container loads of import and export cargo on a route network linking locations throughout four continents. One company, P&O, gradually increased its share of the consortium until in 1986 it bought the remaining 53% held by Ocean Transport and Trading (as The Ocean Steamship Company was by then known) and British & Commonwealth. On 1 January 1987 the name OCL ceased to exist, the operation becoming known as P&O Containers Ltd (P&OCL). In 1996 P&O Containers merged with Nedlloyd to form P&O Nedlloyd. August 2005 saw the completion of a buyout of P&O Nedlloyd by the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group and in February 2006 the name Maersk Line was adopted for the combined fleets.
- All New Standard Height Tooling; 3-P-42-P-3 Panel side square corrugations containers.
- Multiple door end, front end and roof configurations.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO locations.
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: 3-magnets bottom & metal top plate.
- Detailed printing as per photographs.
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, JTC Flatrack containers, JTC 53' and 48' containers and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.