JTC MODEL TRAINS
SEALAND - JTC # 405501 40' Standard height (8'6") corrugated PANEL side steel containers
Regular price $29.95
SEALAND - JTC # 405501 40' Standard height (8'6") corrugated PANEL side steel containers; Sides are the corrugated 'wave' pattern with a 2-P-36-P-2 arrangement.
The original SeaLand was founded by the late Malcom McLean, an American trucking entrepreneur, who revolutionized the shipping industry by packing goods in uniform containers (containerization) that could be transported quickly and seamlessly between modes of transportation.
- On April 26, 1956, McLean introduced the world's first container ship, the Ideal-X, which sailed from Newark, New Jersey to Houston, Texas with 58 aluminum trailers (containers) on its deck.
- In April 1960, the company name was changed from Pan-Atlantic Steamship Corporation to Sea-Land Service, Inc., an international shipping company.
- From 1960 to 1999, SeaLand was owned by R.J. Reynolds Co., CSX Corporation and others.
- In March 1999, CSX separated SeaLand into three entities: an international shipping company, a domestic shipping company, and a terminal operator.
- In December 1999, Maersk Line’s parent company A.P. Moller – Maersk acquired the international container shipping business and the SeaLand name.
- In 2000, Maersk Line changed its commercial name globally to "Maersk SeaLand" as a result of SeaLand’s acquisition the previous year.
- In 2003, the Carlisle Group bought the domestic shipping line from CSX and changed the name to Horizon Lines.
- In 2006, the commercial name SeaLand ceased to exist when, the then known as "Maersk SeaLand," changed its name to "Maersk Line" after the purchase of Royal P&O Nedlloyd.
OCTOBER 2020 - NEW BODY STYLE - The 40' Standard height (8.6") corrugated side WITH PANELS steel containers; Available with multiple door and front variants. These Steel containers span from late 1970's to in service into the 2010s, and have been another workhorse of the trade for many years.
- All New 40'Standard Height Tooling; Steel 'wave' or 'beveled' style corrugated containers.
- Multiple door end, front end and roof configurations.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO locations.
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: 3-magnets bottom & metal top plate.
- Detailed printing as per photographs.
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, JTC Flatrack containers, JTC 53' and 48' containers and all Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.