APL 40' HIGH CUBE containers with Magnetic system, Corrugated-side. JTC # 405003
N Scale 1:160, JTC # 405003 APL 40' High Cube containers.
American President Lines Ltd. (now simply referred to as APL), along with its parent company CMA CGM, is the world's third-largest container transportation and shipping company. In 1979, APL started the LinerTrain, a direct rail land-bridge service transporting containers from Los Angeles to New York using its own rail cars, leading to the most reliable delivery of containers of the time. In 1984, the company started STACK TRAIN service, an idea following on from the successful LinerTrain venture. This involved using double-stack rail cars that could carry containers stacked one on top of another rather than carrying just a single level of containers. The 1990s were a period of continued growth for APL, In 1999, the stack train franchise was sold off to Pacer, and was known as Pacer Stacktrain. On June 10, 2016, APL and NOL became subsidiaries of CMA-CGM. See more information at Wikipedia:
Enjoy this APL 170 years Video; https://youtu.be/
- All New Tooling; -42- corrugated sides
- Seven different door variations tooled: molded as appropriate. See document HERE
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: 3-magnets bottom & metal top plate
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.