SAFMARINE 20' Std. height containers with Magnetic system, Corrugated-side. JTC# 205304
N Scale 1:160, JTC-205304 SAFMARINE 20’ Std. height containers.
Safmarine (Safmarine Container Lines N.V.) is an international shipping business offering container and break-bulk shipping services worldwide.
Formed in 1946 by South African industrialists and American ship owners, Safmarine is now widely known as a north/south trade and African specialist. The line is represented in more than 130 countries throughout the world, with more than 1200 sailors selling their services. Safmarine had been headquartered and registered in Antwerp, Belgium since 1996, when it completed its acquisition of the Belgian container line, CMBT, which in turn had been an outgrowth of CMB. In 1999, Safmarine was bought by the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, and Maersk chose to retain the Safmarine brand rather than integrating it wholly into Maersk Sealand. In 2002, Safmarine acquired Torm Lines. Regularly seen in the US & Canada.
- All New Tooling; corrugated sides
- Eight different door variations tooled: molded as appropriate.
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: 1-magnet bottom & metal top plate
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack M-T and S-T brand containers on top.